User-friendly technology is a must as institutions continue their move to online learning. That starts with cutting-edge technologies like Canvas. At InstructureCon 2021, educators at all levels can explore the latest technologies and discover products that make digital learning better. This includes an in-depth look at the best online exam tools for instructors and how the integration of Rosalyn into Canvas is transforming remote testing.
Canvas is a powerful web-based learning management system (LMS) designed to make online learning environments easy to create and manage. It removes technological barriers and offers a variety of tools that allow you to create customized, unique, and accessible learning experiences at every level of education.
Transitioning our courses to this format in Canvas has provided us with a sense of consistency and flexibility we never had before. - Gretta Rogne, Director of Digital Learning for the New Caney Independent School District
This innovative platform supports custom integration with your SIS and open LTI integrations with your favorite education apps to build a powerful learning ecosystem.
The Canvas LMS platform provides educators extreme flexibility in creating course materials and managing data. Rosalyn's Canvas integration provides a student-friendly online proctoring experience that is also sophisticated enough to save instructors time and institutions money while also better protecting academic integrity.
The Rosalyn - Canvas integration is built using the following principles:
- Use the most up-to-date integration standards.
- Use the existing Canvas quiz tool and all its existing features.
- Provide a simple and intuitive interface.
Rosalyn’s instructor dashboard offers easy navigation and customization tools to ensure your exams are administered in a way that makes sense for you and your students. This Rosalyn integration is installed and maintained with the latest LTI 1.3 standards. Instructors can:
- Quickly retrieve reports from proctored quizzes.
- Enable (or disable) Rosalyn proctoring using a simple slider button.
- Adjust proctoring settings to support quizzes of varying stakes (low, medium, and high)
- Review individual sessions and events.
- Save time and speed up the test-taking experience.
Rosalyn’s online proctoring solution is designed to meet the needs of students, educators, and institutions alike. Developed with the guidance of our industry-first Student Advisory Board, Rosalyn’s unique human-in-the-loop software protects academic integrity while offering comfortable exam experiences.
Key features include:
- Privacy: Student information must be handled with the utmost respect. Our instructor dashboard retrieves only the student’s name and email address from the LTI 1.3 launch. Rosalyn is also BIPA compliant and follows industry best practices for data protection.
- Purpose-built AI: Our purpose-built AI reduces bias and improves diversity, equity, and inclusion. We train our AI on our proprietary database that includes 250,000 sessions and represents a wide range of skin tones, gender identities, and neurotypes to ensure a level playing field.
- Human-in-the-loop Design: Rosalyn’s advanced AI is the first line of protection against academic dishonesty, but it does not replace human wisdom. When a potential infraction occurs, human proctors are alerted and make the final decision on how to respond. This heightens reliability and helps reduce test anxiety, as students know their results do not hinge on technology alone.
- Scalability & Affordability: Unlike other systems, our proctors only evaluate flagged events rather than continuously monitoring students throughout the exam, significantly reducing the number of proctors needed and minimizing proctor fatigue. This makes Rosalyn uniquely scalable, affordable, and practical.
Our dynamic solution allows you to make online proctoring a core component of your digital classroom and better support students throughout the learning process.
If you want to learn more about Canvas, Rosalyn, and other online exam tools for instructors, join us at 2021 InstructureCon on October 7th. This must-attend event features exciting keynote speakers, educator-led breakout sessions, and roundtable discussions, giving you invaluable industry insights. You can also test new technologies and discover innovations that help you bring your online classroom to the next level. Registration is now open and is free!